Utility Assembler EMA - 2nd Shift - Asbury
The Utility Assembler (Magnetic Assembly) will use specialized tools and fixtures, both electrical and mechanical to complete magnetic assemblies.
- Use specialized tools and fixtures electrical and mechanical to complete assembly.
- Ability to work with epoxies and adhesives as required in the assembly applications.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Use of various welding techniques including Mig Arc Welding.
- Ability to straighten material after welding.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Design, create and/or modify fixtures to improve safety and production.
- Operate overhead cranes, clamping devices, presses and porta power.
- Operate plasma cutter and ceramic saw.
- May need to operate power equipment such as forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and use basic shop math including decimals and fractions.
- Able to read and follow engineering drawings, assembly procedures, instruction manuals and material/pick lists to complete assemblies.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Ability to use measuring tools to verify accuracy of cut materials.
- Work in a safe manner dealing with powerful magnets and high voltage.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must pass a company paid health physical.