Utility Assembler/Coil Winding (EMA)
The Utility Assembler (Coil Winding) will assemble/wind various coil assemblies to written instructions or engineering drawings to meet established standards.
- Assemble/wind various coil assemblies to written instructions or engineering drawings to meet established standards.
- Set up and operate all coil winding machines, selecting the proper speeds and feeds for various winding applications using proper mandrels and other fixtures/tooling as required.
- Splice wires of various diameters using a resistance wire splicer, aluminum solder and silver solder and the required torch equipment to obtain good mechanical and electrical characteristics.
- Perform wet winding operations using proper precautions handling epoxy compounds, keeping work area neat and clean.
- Use specialized tools and fixtures electrical and mechanical to complete assembly.
- Ability to work with epoxies and adhesives as required in the assembly applications.
- Able to work in a safe manner routinely handling coils weighing several thousand pounds and powerful magnets and high voltage.
- Perform coil winding and assembly work in other assembly areas as directed by supervisor/leadman.
- Keep log of all coils wound, including all pertinent data to ensure coil quality.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and use basic shop math including decimals and fractions.
- Able to read and follow engineering drawings, assembly procedures, instruction manuals and material/pick lists to complete assemblies.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Ability to use measuring tools to verify accuracy of cut materials.