Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies. Our commitment to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 wholly owned international subsidiaries and an extensive sales representative network.
Technical Service Representative, Metal Detection - Aftermarket Team
- Bachelor’s degree; Bachelor of Science, business management, technical or equivalent work-related experience
- 2-4 years of sales / manufacturing experience, preferably industrial equipment and / or equipment aftermarket sales & service.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge of Eriez manufacturing processes and standards.
- Mechanically inclined and understanding of electronics or willingness to learn is a must.
- Ability to work with people at end-user, distributor / dealer, OEM, representative and inside levels with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including business / technical writing and formal presentations.
- Knowledge of customer applications and use of Eriez products in these applications is a must.
- Ability to handle details of service, spare parts, and equipment repair inquiries, including commercial and technical issues and work effectively under pressure.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- PC skills, fast, accurate keyboarding and proficiency with current software including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new products and tools to fulfill responsibilities.
- Strong decision-making, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to execute and complete tasks under pressure and manage conflicting priorities & deadlines.
- Positive attitude in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Daily work and all tasks are to mirror the mission and core values of the company; ensure we are providing prompt, superb technical service, spare part quotes and repair to new and existing customers to create and maintain long-term partnerships.
- Learn and document all Eriez troubleshooting techniques and procedures. Become a troubleshooting expert and share this knowledge with Team members over time.
- Provide input to and help execute growth-oriented programs for aftermarket sales and service to maximize profitability and guide others in Eriez sales to do the same.
- Assist with service calls and repairs both at Eriez and customer facilities. Lead some of these jobs when appropriate.
- Work closely with inside sales and further build the relationship with sales and aftermarket. We must all speak with one common voice.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships through new offerings to improve the value proposition of relevant equipment embedded in their business.
- Work closely with sales representatives and customers by phone and email to solve service, repair, warranty and parts related problems.
- Up to 25% Travel with sales representatives and make sales calls and presentations to educate our customers on the Eriez Aftermarket offerings.
- Act as liaison between customers and representatives in the field (both domestic and international) and various Eriez home office departments.
- Process spare parts inquiries, quotes and orders, including the submitting of ER’s related to parts requests.
- Process warranty orders as required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for your area of responsibility.
- Participate and present at meetings when appropriate.
- Encouraged to seek continuing education related to job function through Eriez Education Assistance Program.