Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies. Our commitment to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 wholly owned international subsidiaries and an extensive sales representative network.
Production Control Planner
Specific responsibilities include assisting in establishing manufacturing/assembly processes, labor hours, and process documentation. Schedules shop orders through work centers and monitors sub-assembled and raw inventory levels. Plan and schedule material to support manufacturing.
Will be involved with capacity planning, resource utilization and efficiency metrics. Participates in continuous improvement activities. Represents the interest of Production Control on cross-functional teams.
- Read and understand written instructions and engineering drawings.
- Legible handwriting, computer literate and keyboard proficient.
- Ability to convert information on drawings to production bills of materials requiring the use of math formulas including plane and solid geometry.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes and equipment in order convert drawings to sequenced labor operations and time requirements (routings) both in-house and utilizing Sub-contracting.
- Knowledge of raw materials and their applications.
- Education degree or equivalent experience in one of the following industries:
- Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business.
- Materials requirements planning
- Inventory management and control
- Eriez parts/product knowledge
- Willingness to pursue additional education.
- Calculate and assign promise dates to customer orders.
- Convert customer orders to shop packets.
- Plan, schedule, and requisition materials to support manufacturing.
- Plan and schedule labor operations.
- Plan manufacturing stock orders to maintain inventory levels for timely delivery to customers with minimum investment.
- Schedule shop orders through various operations and work centers.
- Revise production schedules due to capacity restraints, drawing/order revisions, or to meet customer expectations.
- Expedite materials to meet production schedules.
- Accept responsibility for managing assigned items of inventory and maintain stock levels within company parameters.
- Utilize computer-based manufacturing control programs to perform job functions.
- Maintain accurate database of routings and bills of material.
- Interface and clearly communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the Eriez’ organization.