Mineral Process Engineer
The position of mineral processing engineer will support the flotation sales, engineering and R&D team at our Erie, PA location. A key objective is to facilitate sales of mineral processing equipment to a world-wide market. Work will be focused on customer technical support, technical sales, new product/process develop and general technical support to global operations. The process engineer is encouraged to promote innovative methods of achieving customer's objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. Specifically, the candidate must have an in-depth, fundamental knowledge of the basic principles of magnetic and flotation separation equipment.
- B.S. degree in mineral processing from an accredited university.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead major sales and technical projects.
- Fluent in basic computer skills including all MS Office and AutoDesk products.
- Solid understanding of mineral processing equipment design principles.
- Well organized with good leadership skills
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to travel
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- General management of customer projects including proposal development, contract negotiations, project test plan development/execution and final report preparation/presentation.
- Technical liaison with a broad range of national and international customers and agents to determine proper applications for Eriez’ equipment and recommend innovative solutions.
- Preparation of technical and commercial proposals for test programs and equipment.
- Determination of preferred flowsheets and treatment techniques.
- Preparation of equipment sizing recommendations and process warranties.
- Sales and marketing including customer presentations and technical sales calls.
- Management of in-house and on-site test programs, including data analysis and reporting.
- Domestic and international travel to support field sales teams and test programs.
- Development and upkeep of technical manuals, operation & maintenance manuals, and process selection tools/calculators.
- Conduct equipment training sessions for customers and Eriez professional staff.
- Contribute to the development of prototype designs from conception through pilot-scale testing, and ultimately to full-scale implementation.
- Evaluation and testing of prototype and full-scale equipment at external labs and customer sites.
- Direct and/or participate with a team of research engineers/technicians in conducting R&D projects.
- Author and present technical papers/presentation and national and international meetings.