Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies. Our commitment to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 wholly owned international subsidiaries and an extensive sales representative network.
Mechanical Engineer III
This position reports to the Engineering Manager, Mechanical Group. The candidate selected for this role will design and engineer custom equipment based upon standard product line designs and established engineering guidelines.
- Modify existing equipment designs based on customer requirements and perform the necessary engineering calculations to ensure reliable operation in the field.
- Solid model the equipment using Inventor software and produce production drawings as required with proper dimensions and tolerances per ANSI and AWS documentation practices.
- Produce Installation, Operation, and Maintenance (IOM) documents for equipment.
- Evaluate product lines for third party certification (UL, CSA, CE).
- Communicate concerns and questions to immediate supervisor.
- Evaluate equipment issues on the shop floor and in the field and provide solutions to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Travel to field installations on occasion to evaluate and trouble shoot equipment issues in the field.
- Work on new products as well as on product improvement projects and maintain a design notebooks outlining critical engineering design calculations and improvements based on engineering calculations.
- Perform tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in machine design with solid modeling experience. Possess the ability to understand how a product is to function from a theoretical point of view.
- Possess the ability to review existing product designs from and an engineering point of view and determine the critical components or design features that require engineering calculations.
- Possess the ability to perform mathematical calculations and establish engineering guidelines to design reliable, cost-effective equipment to fulfill customer requirements.
- Possess adequate communication skills to relay clear, concise information to supervisors and co-workers. This includes constantly improving oral communication skills and improving technical writing skills.
- Possess the ability to implement ANSI documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions and tolerances and implement proper AWS weld symbols on drawings
- Proven ability to create solid models using Inventor and demonstrate the ability to create solid models of product lines, and create drawings from the model implementing ANSI documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions and tolerances.
- Possess the ability to work independently on customer orders and assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to work in a positive fashion with co-workers.
- Demonstrate a level of creativity and ingenuity, as well as problem solving skills, to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions to design issues.