Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies. Our commitment to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 wholly owned international subsidiaries and an extensive sales representative network.
Global Product Service Director
The role of the Global Flotation Service Director is to manage and grow Eriez Flotation’s global aftermarket services business, including but not limited to 1. Vendor Services Agreements (VSAs), 2. Project and contract support for installation, commissioning, and maintenance shut-downs, and 3. aftermarket up-grades and spare parts sales. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Expand safety awareness and development specific to Eriez Flotation, supporting our corporate mission
- Develop new service products and update Eriez Flotation’s Services Strategy in consultation with flotation senior management, supporting the value of collaboration
- Functionally manage the global services team in all market areas using a matrix structure
- Grow the Aftermarket business by identifying capital and aftermarket flotation opportunities through close contact with Eriez Sales teams, Project Management, Engineering, and customers, supporting the strategy of growth.
- Manage contracts for services achieving or exceeding:
- Safety targets for Global Services Team
- Revenue and profitability targets
- Customer expectations (supporting the vision of customer focus)
Reporting to: Vice President - Global Flotation
- Determine best organizational structure and initial strategic objectives for Service Team development within Eriez Flotation for review and implementation by Flotation Management Team
- Establish, implement, and achieve commercial objectives related to the Aftermarket Service area business case.
- Organize the necessary activities to standardize: service offerings, reporting tools (templates, guidelines, procedures, KPI’s, etc.) and internal communication specific to Flotation services
- Grow Flotation Service capacity to meet existing demand and expected growth requirements
- Plan, coordinate and oversee competence training, technical and other
- Develop and implement standardized customer satisfaction feedback and tracking process
- Design guidelines and execute strategies in conjunction with process and mechanical engineering to ensure optimal flotation equipment performance to maintain a high rate of equipment reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Implement and update Eriez’ Flotation equipment database to increase spare part and services sales opportunities
- Organize and execute visits to customer sites to support local offices in the promotion of services i.e.:, sale of up-grades, spare parts, and capital equipment projects and project services
- Track and report equipment defects, warranty, and customer complaints to the applicable product line manager to ensure a timely resolution of issues
- Coordinate Eriez service activities with the national offices in support of customer requests.
- Coordinate with Eriez Project Management and organize the Global service team to assist in start-up & commissioning of new equipment.
- Maintain service quality and safety records for all service contracts.
- Maintain a high professional standard and promote the company´s image in all areas.
- Provide a monthly/quarterly summary of Flotation Services status i.e.: progress of strategic priorities, mutually agreed KPI’s, Wins, and Challenges, to Sr. Flotation Management
- Extensive travel required.
- 15 years of experience in maintenance and/or the services business of an international equipment OEM.
- Advanced engineering degree or trade-skill an asset.
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and operations maintenance methodologies.
- Must have project management skills and report writing experience.
- Prior experience in flotation equipment maintenance and plant operation.
- Familiar with global engineering specifications and standards.
- Good understanding of mechanical analysis principles and approaches.
- Well organized with good leadership skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and eligibility for any applicable travel visas
- Fluency in Spanish with good verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in working with international customers
- Demonstrated experience working with staff located in different geographical regions.
Other Skills & Credentials of Benefit:
- Dual language capabilities
- Ability to work well across all levels
- Superior emotional intelligence skills