Work under the supervision of Engineers and Senior Designers to produce solid models and production drawings for customer orders. This includes making detailed drawings, processing paperwork, and maintaining schedules.
- 2 year technical school degree
- 2 year associates degree in mechanical design
- Drafting/design curriculum in high school
- Possess basic drafting skills with the ability to identify when fractional and decimal dimensions and tolerances are required. This includes an understanding of how to properly place enough dimensions on drawings to avoid confusion and errors in Manufacturing.
- Possess the ability to use AutoCAD and Inventor software to create and update solid models and production drawings for customer orders.
- Possess a thorough understanding of how to store and retrieve models and drawings from the Eriez Vault.
- Possess machine design experience and design concepts.
- Demonstrate the Ability to work independently under normal supervision
- Demonstrate basic math skills and the ability to operate Eriez design software programs.
- Work under decreasing supervision of Engineers and senior designers to produce solid models and production drawings for customer orders.
- Ensure that assigned orders are processed through the Engineering Department according to company policy.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of drawings are made for each order with sufficient views and production notes to provide a smooth work flow through Production Control and Manufacturing.
- Maintain a drawing schedule. This includes notifying immediate supervisor when drawing issues arise, product requirements change, or when schedules are compromised.
- Become familiar with applying ANSI Y14.5 for drawing dimension and Tolerance practices and applying ANSI/AWS A2-4 for standard drawing symbols for welding and brazing.
- Learn the assigned product line, and how the product line is manufactured at Eriez.
- Work overtime hours as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Perform tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.