CTL Research Technician – Level 1
Conduct material tests on Eriez product lines to support the Eriez Sales team and recommend Eriez equipment based on test results.
- High school diploma/GED required, associate degree or technical background a plus.
- Possess basic math skills to evaluate material test results.
- Must be well organized and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Possess good communication skills to relay clear, concise information to supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
- Possess the ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and flow sheets a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10% on occasion.
- Work under close supervision to conduct material tests and accurately record test results in lab notebooks.
- Work under close supervision to perform the necessary statistical calculations on test results and record calculations in lab notebooks.
- Work closely with immediate supervisor to make equipment recommendations based on test results.
- Present test results and equipment recommendations in a report using established Eriez report formats.
- Work under close supervision to properly prepare customer samples for optimum processing on Eriez lab equipment.
- Ensure that all laboratory tests are conducted in a safe fashion and in a safe lab environment.
- Obtain all necessary safety training and certifications to operate lab equipment (crane, forklift, MSHA, HAZWOPER, etc.).
- Work with supervisor to set-up test equipment in a safe fashion for material tests.
- Learn to properly use third party equipment to monitor tests (scales, tachometers, accelerometers, stopwatches, thermocouples, etc.).
- Notify immediate supervisor and document in lab notebook when issues arise during material tests.
- Learn to be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Assemble/modify existing and prototype test equipment for Eriez test programs.
- Maintain machines, test equipment, tools, and facilities in a neat working order.
- Dress appropriately for customer visits.
- Travel on occasion to assist in equipment start-ups and for training classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.