Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 international subsidiaries.
CNC Mill Operator, 1st shift
Currently we have an opening for a CNC Mill Operator at our Asbury Road facility in Erie, PA during 1st shift.
- Must be able to read complicated engineering drawings, use advanced mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Must be able to use a variety of precision measuring instruments with proficiency.
- Must have experience in programming and operating, (acknowledged training preferred) using conversational and G-code systems to create programs from engineering drawings (Mazak Mazatrol preferred).
- Must possess a good knowledge of machining processes acquired through formal training, including knowledge of materials, feeds, speeds, tooling, inserts, coolant, drills, taps, etc.
- Must be able to set up and operate horizontal and vertical CNC machining centers including the setting of all tooling and fixtures, proper feeds and speeds, using both carbide and high-speed steel tools.
- Day to day operation of CNC milling machines following work lists, shop routers or direction from immediate supervisor while maintaining work schedule and adhering to set time standards.
- Operator is responsible for all set up including first piece inspection and fixture design, when required.
- Use the overhead crane to position work pieces weighing up to several thousand pounds in a safe manner using cables, slings and chains.
- Keep workstation clean and orderly.
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor