Established in 1942, Eriez is a global leader in separation technologies, including magnetic separation, flotation, metal detection and material handling equipment. Headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, Eriez designs, manufactures, and markets on six continents through 12 international subsidiaries.
CNC Mill—Lathe Machinist I
Responsible for the setup, Mazatrol programing, operating, and inspection of the final product, ensuring it is free from defects and ready for the next production stage.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma OR GED
- Skill or experience with Mazatrol programing
- Day to day operation of CNC milling and Lathe machines following work lists, shop routers or direction from immediate supervisor while maintaining work schedule with a goal of improving safety and/or production.
- Operator is responsible for all set up, programming.
- Basic programming knowledge of machine being hired for (Mazak or Okuma).
- Write programs for basic parts.
- Set-up tooling prior to running part and recognize potential tool interference.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn back setup.
- Operate overhead cranes, clamping devices.
- Perform similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Complete tasks timely and efficiently in accordance with expectations as directed by supervisor.
- Able to operate tools including but not limited to, hand tools, manual machine tools, torch, drill press, etc.
- Ability to learn Eriez labor and work order collection system.
- Notify supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Program, set up and operate horizontal and vertical CNC machining centers including the setting of all tooling and fixtures, proper feeds and speeds, using both carbide and high-speed steel tools.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and use Advanced mathematics and formulas.
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments with proficiency.
- Experience in programming and operating, (acknowledged training preferred) using Mazatrol or conversational control systems to create programs from engineering drawings.
- Ability to learn machining processes through formal training, including knowledge of materials, feeds, speeds, tooling, inserts, coolant, drills, taps, etc.
Essential Functions of Eriez Manufacturing Jobs:
- Required to pass a pre-employment occupational physical.
- Possess the ability to recognize and avoid safety hazards.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for an extended period.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials. This includes the ability to alternate between sitting and standing.
- Be physically active for long periods without experiencing excessive fatigue.
- Must have manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range and at distance with or without corrective lenses.
- Ability to communicate and understand information to and from another employee.
- Must possess the ability to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- The ability to safely push and pull as needed to perform duties directly associated with scope of work.