Aftermarket Service and Repair Technician
Currently we have an opening for a Aftermarket Service and Repair Technician.
Immediately support customers via phone, email, and onsite service. Secondary responsibilities are repairing and refurbishing customers equipment in house or on site at a customer’s facility. Proactive service calls will be scheduled when time allows to grow the Eriez business.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- All work completed should mirror the mission and core values of the company; ensure we are providing prompt, superb service to new and existing customers to create and maintain long-term partnerships.
- Responsible for the start-up, troubleshooting, user training, and repair of Eriez equipment, except flotation, at customer’s locations, over the phone, and or via email.
- Timely preparation of detailed service reports, including accurate expense statement reporting in accordance with Eriez policies.
- Work closely with sales, engineering, research, and manufacturing to improve products.
- Assist production in troubleshooting customer orders. Assist in training of personnel in service procedures.
- Coordinate travel schedules, including communications with customer and other constituents involved in service calls.
- When applicable, direct activities of field service support staff (customer staff, contractors or Eriez staff).
- When not servicing customers, assist in repairing customers equipment and writing the corresponding evaluation report if required.
- Prepare spare part proposals for the sales staff.
- Associate degree, trade skill degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience assembling, testing, service and repair of industrial electrical equipment.
- Certified welder or ability and willingness to learn; experience welding on Eriez equipment is preferred.
- Possess basic math skills and develop a working knowledge of basic algebra and trigonometry.
- Electrical, mechanical and technical ability to handle details of equipment start-up, repairs, troubleshooting and user training.
- Knowledge of Eriez manufacturing processes and standards – specifically electrical and mechanical.
- Knowledge of customer applications and use of Eriez products in these applications.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Able to work with little supervision and make on the job decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people at customer, outside contractors, sales representatives and internal Eriez support functions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment AutoCAD drawings, including mechanical and electrical details.
- Expert in electronics, electronic controls, and reading / understanding electrical schematics or ability and willingness to learn. Familiarity with PLC programming a plus (i.e. Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, etc.) or ability and willingness to learn. Ability to use electronic test equipment to troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Well versed in Microsoft computer applications or ability and willingness to learn.
- Basic understanding of applicable electrical codes and regulations, mechanical standards, OSHA, industry and Eriez safety practices or ability and willingness to learn.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and passport.
- Travel up to 50% is required, including air travel, occasional overseas travel, weekends and evenings as required.