If you are interested in one of our open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
*All openings are located in Erie, Pennsylvania, unless otherwise noted.
Electrical, Electronic Technician
- Ability to read and understand electrical and electronic schematics and assembly drawings.
- High school graduate with 2 years of formal electrical and electronic training or equivalent experience including electrical/ electronic assembly and troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of various testing equipment to test and troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to wire and test electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge of related mechanical and pneumatic systems, analog and digital circuitry.
- Computer literate.
- Plan sequence of assembly and wiring so there will be a minimum of waste of both time and materials and a quality of Eriez standards.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic products, including return units. Work with various test equipment.
- Perform layout and drill operations whenever necessary to meet production schedules.
- Assist in training of new or inexperienced personnel in the assembly and wiring procedures of Eriez products.
- Keep work station, designated area and equipment clean and safe.
- Perform other similar and related duties.
Export Logistics Coordinator
- Experience in traffic, logistics or related functions preferred.
- Knowledge in processing shipments, export laws, INCOTERMS, and IATA hazardous goods regulations.
- Must possess extreme attention to detail.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and logistics providers.
- Ability to handle high volume of email and telephone communication.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to reduce logistics costs while providing excellent customer service.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Applications and other systems (JDE Enterprise One)
- Basic knowledge of industrial products and their manufacturing processes preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant field of study is preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detailed review of export orders to implement prompt shipment according to the terms of the sales order/customer purchase order and the export laws
- Process shipments for land, air or ocean via courier companies, freight forwarders and/or truck brokers or a combination thereof
- Submit “requests for quotes” to freight forwarders, truck brokers and/or research freight costs to get the best price for the service required
- Prepare all related export documents. (Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Certificates of Origin, SLI’s…etc.)
- Coordinate customer and logistics requirements with the Shipping Department to ensure timely delivery of orders. (Export packing and routing plans, stencil marks, labeling…etc.)
- Route outbound “allowed” shipments in the most cost-effective manner. (Marketing Department items/trade shows, Service Department returns/warranty items, Samples…etc.)
- Assist the Sales Department with budgetary pre-sale freight quotes and shipping/packing plans.
- Assist with Supervisor’s duties when Supervisor is out of office
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
Engineering Manager - Mechanical Group
- Design and Engineer custom equipment to fulfill customer order requirements.
- Supervise Engineers and Designers to complete customer orders and projects on schedule.
- Perform all necessary calculations required to ensure that the equipment will operate reliably in the field
- Participate in Corporate growth programs and product improvement/standardization programs
Education and Experience:
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in machine design.
- Experience with 3-D CAD software or other analysis software.
- Project management and supervisory experience.
- Possess the ability to understand how the assigned product line is to function from a theoretical point of view.
- Possess Machine Design experience with the ability to review existing and new product designs from an engineering point of view and determine the critical components or design features that require engineering calculations.
- Possess the ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations and establish engineering guidelines to design reliable, cost effective equipment to fulfill customer requirements.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills to relay clear, concise information to supervisors, co-workers and outside parties (customers, subcontractors, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in the area of engineering drawing review, efficient manufacturing procedures as well as an understanding of ANSI/AWS documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions, tolerances and symbols.
- Experience in a supervisory position.
- Ability to guide professional colleagues through complex customer orders and assigned projects.
- Possess the ability to manage short and long term projects that require team work between coworkers and departments.
- Demonstrate a level of creativity and ingenuity, as well as problem solving skills, to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions to design issues.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Review sales orders and determine from accompanying specification sheets the amount of engineering and design resources required to complete the order. This includes interfacing with Sales to ensure that specification sheets are complete as well as to obtain the necessary information required to design the equipment to customer expectations.
- Schedule customer orders through the Engineering Department and maintain an order schedule.
- Supervise engineers and designers to modify existing equipment designs and produce new equipment designs based on customer requirements.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations to ensure reliable equipment operation in the field.
- Ensure that all necessary drawings are produced to manufacture the equipment and ensure that all drawings are properly stored in the vault
- Review critical drawings for accuracy and efficient manufacturing. Enforce ANSI/AWS documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions, tolerances and symbols.
- Evaluate product lines for third party certification (UL, CSA, CE). Determine the scope of the project and resources necessary to perform certification. Interface with third parties and follow project to completion.
- Ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Evaluate equipment issues on the shop floor and in the field, and provide solutions to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Proactively review product lines to standardized where possible, implement the latest technology into existing product lines, improve product reliability, increase manufacturing efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Travel on occasion to field installations to evaluate and trouble shoot equipment issues.
- Perform tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Communicate concerns and questions to immediate supervisor.
Human Resources Manager - Total Rewards
The Human Resources Manager, Total Rewards, is responsible for administration of employee benefits and compensation for Eriez USA. Surveys industry and/or community to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits and compensation. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. Additionally, plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for corporate staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Enters compensation, data and benefit changes in Eriez HRIS system.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- A bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in benefits and compensation administration, OR
- A master's degree in human resource management and four (4) years of experience in benefits and compensation administration, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
Market Manager - Light Industry International
Contribute to meeting Corporate sales objectives, support and coach agents and distributors in Latin America and the Caribbean. Play a leading role in evaluating current sales practices, partners and channels with an eye to preparing the company for the future. Motivate sales partners to do more work independently and aggressively promote Eriez equipment.
- Work closely with the Director of Export Sales and other headquarter personnel to help export sales partners solve application problems, handle inquiries and produce formal, accurate quotations.
- Establish and develop customer relationships in assigned markets via phone, email and in person, requiring international travel.
- Travel with field sales agents, make sales calls and generate presentations to secure profitable orders.
- Work with Eriez international affiliates to support their sales effort and educate their own sales staff and clients.
- Serve as an Eriez representative for key trade association memberships and support Trade Shows as required both in North America and abroad.
- Provide customer and field sales office support and communication in assigned markets relative to inquiry follow-up, application assistance, quoting, order write- ups, etc.
- Develop market appropriate news releases, technical papers, conference presentations and other public relations materials.
- Work with Eriez Engineering and R&D staff as needed to solve challenging applications for Eriez equipment.
- Serve as ambassador and guide for international agents and clients visiting the USA facility.
- Occasionally make startup and service calls in international locations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Export Sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Bachelor of Science, Arts and Sciences, Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum two- five (2-5) years sales/marketing experience preferably industrial equipment in multiple industries
- Willingness to travel 25-35 % internationally
- Strong inter-personal and persuasive skills and detail oriented
Digital Signal Process Software Engineer
- Design, write, and debug software for industrial inspection, sorting, and measurement equipment using various platforms such as Windows and other embedded systems.
- Design, write, and debus software running on a PC to provide various functionalities including ability to communicate to equipment and software to test circuit boards.
- Understand and design complex algorithms to analyze signals from inspection and other measurement equipment.
- Control hardware to acquire signals with microsecond resolution and provide reject timing with millisecond resolution.
- Use version control software and clearly document changes.
- Manage portions of projects.
- Evaluate new technologies to help expand and enhance current product offerings.
- Develop documentation for use by engineering, sales, manufacturing, government, suppliers, and customers.
- Work with customers to help solve field equipment problems.
- Provide other similar and related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Computer, Electrical, or Software Engineering.
- Experience programming in C, C++, and Visual C++. C# is also desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing, troubleshooting, and testing real-time deteterministic programs on a Windows based platform and other embedded platforms.
- Must be able to learn all and have relevant experience specializing in at least one of the following:
- Multi-threaded and interrupt driven programs.
- Digital signal processing techniques.
- Networking and integrating equipment.
- Creating intuitive graphical user interfaces (GUIs) on a Windows platform.
- Proficient using oscilloscopes, volt meters, and other electronic test equipment.
- Able to read circuit schematics.
- Capable of taking full responsibility for a product development project from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to assist engineering, manufacturing, sales and customers.
- Willing to travel on occasion.
Looking for these specific skills/experience, if you have experience in any of these areas, please make sure they are all noted on your resume/cover letter:
- Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Multi-Channel Class-D Networkable Amplifier
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) in both MATLAB and C Language for streaming audio with echo tails exceeding one-half second in duration.
- Offset Quadrature Phase-Shift Keying (OQPSK) modulator according to IEEE
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) polar-formatting algorithm and implementation
- Digital Radiography (DR) X-Ray Imaging
- Heterodyned Spatial Quadrature (HSQ) Technique. Applicable to Soar and Radar.
- Clutter Filters to remove the Tissue Clutter and Vessel Wall motion from the received pulse echo signal prior to flow velocity estimation using Exponential Initialized IIR Filtering
- Experience designing multiprocessor digital image
- Medical Imaging, Ultrasound Signal Processing, Ultrasound Physics, Digital Signal Processing, and Statistical Signal Processing
Research and Development Magnet Design Engineer
- Design permanent magnet circuits, electro-magnet circuits, and electro-permanent magnet circuits for magnetic separation equipment, vibratory conveying equipment, and magnamation equipment.
- Construct 2-d and 3-d magnetic models of new and existing magnet circuits using INFOLYTICA FEA software to evaluate circuit performance (static and dynamic).
- Evaluate power requirements and thermal effects for static and dynamic operation of magnetic separation equipment due to eddy currents and operating heat losses.
- Evaluate and specify permanent magnet materials for magnet circuits
- Conduct lab tests to verify magnet circuit designs
- Evaluate magnet vendors and provide test procedures to inspect new magnet materials
- Work with the Central Test Lab to ensure that magnetic separation tests conducted on lab equipment will simulate actual field operation with thermal losses.
- Provide technical support to Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service for new and existing magnetic product lines.
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales Department for field application
- Perform other duties as specified by immediate supervisor.
- Possess a strong analytical background with the ability to mathematically model static and dynamic system
- Possess the knowledge of fundamental principles of electro-magnet design
- Possess the knowledge of fundamental principles of permanent magnet design
- Possess the ability to mathematically analyze magnetic circuits using textbook solutions and FEA tools.
- Possess the “hands-on” skills to set-up and test prototype magnetic circuits
- Possess experience in designing and manufacturing oil filled, potted, and dry magnet coils, including experience with coil winding processes
- Possess good communication and technical writing skills
- Work in a team environment on R&D projects that lead to new and improved product lines
- Willing to travel up to 10%
Position requires a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience in magnet circuit design.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.